Learn the skills and training needed to be a non-surf lifeguard.
This course prepares you to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies, and prevent drowning and injuries. You must be 15 years old by the last day of class, be able to swim 500 yards continuously using crawl, breast stroke and sidestroke and swim 25 yards to retrieve a brick back to the starting point.
- Class does not include actual waterfront rescue training but it is addressed briefly.
- Includes standard first aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Fee includes books and materials.
- Full attendance is required.
- Bring a lunch and snack along with two towels and swimsuit.
- Prepare to be in the water everyday.